From:
Mary McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:18:44 +0000
[Posted by Mary with his permission]

Some people dislike ferrets because they have a musky odor and
sometimes will skunk up a room. It doesn't make scents to me because
I just see the odors as a mark of di-stink-tion.

While I was in England, I went ferreting with my hosts. We put two
ferrets down the burrow and soon four rabbits came shooting out. Each
ferret went after two of the rabbits, proving that even ferrets are
prone to splitting hares.

Sampson is a beautiful cinnamon DMK ferret; he lost a number of his
toes during his youth as a result of poor caging. Each time I play
with him, I notice the missing toes and it just builds an anger in me.
I guess I am just lack-toes intolerant.

hat type of ball do ferrets like best? A mask--querade ball!

Although ferrets are obligate, primary carnivores, you should never
give them a live bird to eat. Everyone knows ferrets shouldn't eat
shredded tweet.

Ferrets are *not* lazy; they are just law abiding citizens. You can
tell because they never resist a rest.
I am at my wit's end trying to get my ferret Caesar trained to the
toilet box. I keep trying and he keeps poo-pooing the idea.

I was having a hard time cutting my ferret's toenails until my friend
Kim toed me how to do it. Still, she rambles a bit, so I had to clip
her explanation short. She was upset because she said it made things
dull. I said it was ok because I fingered out how to clip the nails
quick.

Hold on there's more coming I once tried to invent shoes for ferrets.
I tried many different styles before I realized how much ferrets hated
them. They would go crazy and one of my ferrets cracked a tooth trying
to get the shoes off. I still like a heel about it because I know the
sole fault was mine.

My ferret Sampson got up on the kitchen table and spilled the salt and
pepper. It was all over the table and him, causing his eyes to water
and lots of sneezing. But, he is fine now. In fact, when it comes to
getting in trouble, you can say Sampson is a well-seasoned veteran.

One thing I learned during the Ferret Project was that, during
ferreting season, rabbits who throw dirt at ferrets are sure to lose
ground.

A huge hob ferret swallowed some coins and was rushed to the vet
hospital. When the ferret's owner telephoned to ask how he was doing,
the vet said, "I'm sorry to report there is no change yet."

Did you hear? A ferret breeder had ferret who wasn't progressing in
her pregnancy. It was 42 days, so the breeder put the ferret in the
car and started rushing her to the vet. The jill started having her
kits in the car, so the breeder pulled over in the emergency lane to
assist. A traffic cop happened by and you know of course what happened.
The breeder was cited for littering on the freeway.

Mary
http://www.bristolferretclub.btik.com