From:
Helen Lisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 18:28:24 -0500
Hi everyone!  Hope all is well with everyone and their fuzzies!

To Tanya, Ted and Orville:

We just had Maximillion altered before xmas.  He was really getting rough
with the other ferrets so we couldn't wait any longer.  He was just 6 months
old.  We dropped him off around 8pm on a Tuesday night and picked him up The
next day at 12 noon!  He was fine!  He had 4 little stitches and slept most
of the day but as far as I could tell he had no discomfort.  He played, ate,
bounced and even wrestled with the other guys that same night.  He never even
paid attention to the stitches.  Even when they were taken out he seemed
bored and wanted to get home to play with the other guys.
  As far as having an irregular heart beat:  I wouldn't worry about it,
 Rascal has the same problem since we've had her (5 years) and she never
seemed to have a problem.  She acts and reacts exactly the same as my 4 other
ferrets.  My vet feels that an annual CBC should be done if the ferret is
over 5 also.  I hope this helps!

To Marcy:

My guys also have a fettish for soap.  Many a time I would go into the
bathroom to wash my hands and found myself under the bed fishing for the bar
of soap.  It doesn't seem to hurt them but I still try to keep them away from
 it.  Well I guess there's no accounting for taste :).

To Jenny, Beaker and Ehrlenmeier:

Some of my ferrets gain winter weight.  Rascal, Prima Dona, and Beasty always
gain weight along with their winter coats.  Pede, my albino stays the same
year round (coat and weight).  As for the weight loss;  Just watch him
carefully.  Ferrets don't weigh much to begin with, any loss in weight should
be carefully monitored.

Now for fun:  How many people out there have fuzzies that wag their tails?
 It's the CUTEST thing!  Sometimes Beasty and Max will sit with their heads
inside each end of a tube we have for them.  While they look at each other in
the tube both their tails wag a mile a minute!  Then one usually attacks the
other.  They never do this when their whole body is exposed.  I wonder why?