From:
Lisa Trainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:09:44 -0700
To SilkLady 7,

My Jax was a biter like that when we first got him,(9 wks).  My husband was
almost turned off to ferts because everytime you tried to pet Jax, he would
bite, not drawing blood, but painful!  He was only trying to play, which is
most likely the case with FerretBaby.  You said FerretBaby is about 3-4 mos.
old.  We just ignored Jax everytime he bit, it took around 6 mos. for him
to grow out of it.  He is about 9 mos. old now.  He will still play bite
but it is so gentle, you can hardly tell he is doing it.  I don't know if
the ignoring worked or he just grew out of it, but maybe you only got about
2 or 3 mos. of it to go.  Just don't give up, things will work out.

The couch thing really hit home!  It never fails, the couch is the first
place they run to and crawl under or try to get down in the cushions.  If it
is possible, take the legs off the couch so it sits flat on the floor.  My
guests think I'm a little weird, but my babies are safer.  I also put a
blanket over the couch like a cover and tuck it behind in between the wall
and down under the front of the couch so they can't pull it off.  That way
they can't climb in the spaces between cushions or behind them.  It has
really worked for us!

If you're looking for a clean, ferret chat, try www.kodo.net Everyone in
there is VERY nice, and are always ready to help with advice.  That is the
only ferret chat I go to, although I've heard 'The Ferret Store' has a good
one too.  Sorry, I don't have the site address for that, maybe someone else
here knows.  Hope this has been helpful for you and everyone else.

Angel and the 6 heartsnatchers
Jax (mommy does my belly really touch the floor?)
Allister (I could run like this for days!)
Rocky (Hey guys! I got the board games open, wanna play!)
Cletus (Come on! Let's wrestle!)
Sparky (oooo, everything smells so INTERESTING!)
Bandit (Mommy, are these guys EVER gonna get old and calm like me?)