From:
Kim Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:03:29 -0400
Hi all!
I've just recently moved and could use a little input.  Jerry and Stimy,
for the first time ever, have an enclosure!  In it is their cage (a three
story delux penthouse) along with a crinkle-sac, rice box, litter pans,
hammoks, cozy beddings, and lots of fun stuff such as this.  Rolled up
socks are a favorite too.  The enclosure's carpet is protected by a tarp
ducktaped to the walls...The enclosure is walled with two 2 1/2 ft tall
pieces of plywood and is roughly 70" x 54", plus a small closet which
they also have access to.  Plenty of food and water, treats and lovins
everyday....they just seem so lethargic since I've moved.  Now, they used
to have free roam of my old house (a 1br 1bath house - small enough to
ferret proof the whole thing), when they were out of the cage, but the new
house is just too big to be safe for them.  I haven't seen a war dance
since I moved two weeks ago!  Whenever I enter the room, they're sprawled
out - not sleeping, just lying there.  They have plenty of time out of
their cage (I get home from work at five andlet them out...they are caged
again at bedtime.) But I'm worried about the lack of ferrety behavior.
They're both around 6ish yrs old and have recently lost a companion -
Allie - which was harder on Stimy then on Jerry...

What do you guys think?  Are they just mad at me?  Bored?  Will they get
over it?  How could I make it more fun for them?  Behavior changes usually
mean a trip to the vet, but this doesn't seem to warrant that.  They're
both doing the same thing...I can entice them to play sometimes ...but
usually not.  Kim Sharp - can we set up play group sometime soon?  Maybe
that'll help?

Thankx and Dooks to all the fuzzbutts and us hopelessly addicted fert
fanatics.

Kim
"Their favorite thing to steal, those little fuzzy theifs, is our own
hearts."