From:
Lisa Mesplay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:54:50 -0800
It was stated recently that (paraphrasing) first-show attendees were being
used as *judges*.  That is not true.  First-show attendees were being used
as *stewards*.  We did *not* judge any rings.  We performed standard steward
tasks such as recording scores as dictated by judges, calling numbers up to
the tables, and wiping down between entries.  I enjoyed performing these
tasks very much but in no way felt qualified to judge.  I did appreciate the
time our judges took to educate us stewards in what they were looking for,
however.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

-- Lisa (first-show attendee and steward)