From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 07:04:01 -0500
Hi everyone!
Here s Chris again, proud human of sweet n crazy Logan + Leeloo :-D
Hope you re all doing ok, and hopin all the sick carpet sharks are getting
better.

Just wanted to thank you all SO much for all the info + tips about hair
and hairball!  And on the comments on small kids X Ferrets too.  Glad to
know I m not the only one that them ferrets ate the hair :-P And to know
that there s plenty of people out there who take care good of them ferrets
around little kids not letting anyone get hurt, and that there are some
kids that CAN be nice around the carpet sharks.  And on the hair matter I
guess I ll keep on the natural diet mainly (since them two love meat +
bone much more than kibble anyway) but have some hairball medicine nearby
(especially for emergencies).  Thanks you all for the sweet mail too! ;-)

Two other quick unrelated things (I ll really try to keep short this time):

I ve mentioned how Leeloo s very small even for a girl (I read that female
ferrets range from 33 to some 36 cm (about 13 to 14 inches from nose to
butt tails not included).  I ve measured her cause even the lady at the
shelter where I adopted Logan + Leeloo wrote on Leeloo s vaccination
booklet that Leeloo is extremely small , so much that they thought she
was a kit when she was abandoned only to be surprised she was on heat, and
then they found out she was already much older.  The question is, is there
such tiny ferret ladies out there or can Leeloo be a midget?! (is there
such a thing?!)

She measures 31 cm (some 12 inches) and looks really small and delicate (a
real girl), and people that know ferrets when see her think she s still
real young, when in truth she s a full grown adult!  Don t know how much
they weight though.

I was worried if it was bad that she s so small, even though she s much
more energetic and playful (+ nuts) than Logan who is a pretty big ferret
boy (over 41 cm 16 inches and quite bulky).  She s more nocturnal too (is
that normal for albinos since sun and light s harder on them or am I
being silly?  She s pretty healthy and eats well so I guess size shouldn t
matter then.  Just wondering how many tiny ones like here are out there.

The other question is also about Leeloo (since Logan never done that), is
that normal for Ferrets to have their tongues sticking out like cats?!!!

I ve never read that anywhere (and I ve read a lot), I ve always just
wondered what what that all about!  Is she tasting the air as she goes?
I know she doesn t have any teeth problem (overbite or anything, she does
it on purpose God-knows-why).

It s not really important, only a curiosity of mine (it looks so wacky!!!).

Thanks for any info on those two topics.  And thanks again for being such
wonderful ferret humans that are always there for one another, I feel
much happier now that I found you guys!  And I m sure Logan and Leeloo
do too! :-D

Take care and hugs to you all,

Chris and Logan + Leeloo