From:
Tara Radford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:16:47 -0700
The oregonshelter.org will be running auctions soon to be helping feed
and maintain a nice little life for over 180 adoptable ferrets in
their VERY CROWDED shelter. Their numbers are growing... They are in
desperate need of donations of any kind. We are just asking that they
be new or as good as new.

I would like to thank everyone who has donated thus far, you are
AWESOME!!!!!!

At this time we have assorted bedding, singing Christmas ferret,
jewelry, tea set, tower of fun, krinkle sacks, hand drawn animal
portraits, gift certificates, food items amongst other things but
we really do need lots more to make this the huge success we are
counting on;)

Please just take a few minutes to think and remember what you might
have around your house you no longer need? Maybe go through your
drawers or closets and see if you can did up something you bought and
haven't worn or used? A tshirt? A ferret bag? Maybe even some ferret
earrings?? You know you bought something at that last ferret show you
really didn't need??? These ferrets sure could use it :)))

Just as an example...i wasn't sure what to donate besides money, so
i started looking. I had totally forgotten, but we had bought a Pet
Trading Company Sherpa Bag. They are soft sided and approved for
airlines. Size large. We paid close to $100 It will fit a ferret or
maybe 4 ferrets or a large cat, it's not all that big.. It's not doing
us any good and i'm hoping it will bring in a great price on auction. I
also picked up one of the adorable, almost sold out singing Christmas
ferrets and i'm donating that...see, its SO EASY !!!!!

Do you make special cookies? Fudge? Candies? Jams or jellies? Breads??
Do you sew, knit or crochet ?? Make headbands or bows for baby girls?
Sweaters, blankets, winter hats, scarves, or even baby outfits???
Do your kids have any unopened toys you can sneak away from them?
Picture frames? CDs, DVDs? Any unused ferret bedding or treats or
toys?? Really, we would love anything you can come up with!! (just no
taxidermied pets:)

It's SO EASY! Hardest part is remembering what you have:)  Just take
a couple good pictures of your donation and write a short thoughtful
description of it. Then email that to Kim at [log in to unmask]
If you like you can cc me at [log in to unmask]

We will do the rest. In another couple of weeks our big auction webpage
will be up and it will include your generous donation!

Once it's bid on for a while and the winner is announced, you will be
notified. We then ask that you mail your donation to the winner :) if
you need help with the mailing costs, please mail me and i will pay it.
It's that easy!!

Your kind donation will have just played a part in a combined piece of
a giant wheel of care we are starting in motion..

Remember too.....the oregonshelter.org is a 501c3 organization.
Taxes are right around the corner and what a wonderful cause to get
deductions on!! Just call Chris and she will be more than happy to mail
or fax you a receipt for your records.

Please help? These poor little ferrets didn't ask to be taken to a
shelter. All i can say is THANK GOD THERE ARE FERRET SHELTERS!!!!!

Right now this important shelter in Oregon needs help. Each and every
day Chris has 372 little eyes looking up at her...needing.

I just can't sit here and watch her struggle like she is and do
nothing!!

I have watched how much good the combined efforts of generous people
like us can do...

Please....

If you would rather help by donating a few dollars , we have a chipin
account. It will take money from your paypal account and put it in
theirs. Any amount would be fantastic and so appreciated!
http://ofsraffle.chipin.com/oregon-ferret-shelter

Thanks so much for reading, thinking and most of all, acting :))

Sending all of you lots of love,
Tara, Kim, Chris and 185 plus, adoptable sweet little ferrets :)
oregonferretshelter.org