From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:32:27 EDT
Hocus and Pocus will be 6 months old in 2 days.  Time flies.  They are the
most wonderful addition to myself.  I have given them their own room, but
I feel so guilty every time I leave.  I have tried the clear polycarbonate
or acrylic doors and they conquer them one by one so I have to leave their
door closed.  Am I being a bad "mom" running out on them and closing the
door?  Their room is fantastic.  They have their own playpen, 4 story
(never locked door) cage, a popcorn kernel digging box (big one), tunnels,
climbers, diggers, squeekers, music, lots of food and water of course.  My
husband is actually jealous because they have such a cool place to live.
But I can't help feeling guilty everytime I leave the room.  I just know
they want to follow me and run around the house, but I can't let them.  My
house is large and unsafe and really unproofable.  Any suggestions to ease
the guilt?  Everytime I go in their room (which I call the nursery), Pocus
puts my toe or fingers in his mouth and tries to stash me in the closet
with his favorite toys so I won't leave.  It is so sweet but it makes me
feel bad when I have to leave.