Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 07:59:41 -0700
>As well, bring a copy of your rabies vaccinations/updated shots and have
>it with them at all times.

I have traveled extensively with my ferrets.  The only thing each state
requires is a current health certificate signed by your vet.  Having a
record of shots is nice, but remember, even with the new rabies compendium,
the shot record probably would be of no value.  If you go into Canada with
your animal, then you would need both the health certificate, (Has to be
very current, check..used to be 10 days) and the rabies shot certificate.
And, uh, California is a no-no!  Don't EVEN try.

BTW, traveling with a fuzzy is great.  Mine would argue over who got to ride
on the seat-back by my head.  If anything whipped by that disturbed them, I
would get a quick 'ear nudge'.  (Yes, I let them have the run of the
car...it is a station wagon type vehicle..the cage is in the rear complete
with all amenities.  They know (Read: trained) certain areas are absolutely
off-limits.

We have also found that, despite the 'no-animals inside' policy of the fast
food chains, a French fry is ALWAYS offered by management when a head or two
pops out while the order is being taken.  (I never leave the fuzzies in the
car at prolonged stops..heats up too fast in the car) I have even had some
fast food places offer a hamburger or milk to the furkids.  I can't think of
any time I have ever been asked to remove the ferrets from the store.  Mind
you, I don't flaunt them...they are safely buried in my shirt or in a
carry-all bag..no leashes...

Oh...never had a car sick ferret either.  Bob C.  Can a ferret even have
motion sickness..do they have a middle ear that would permit the
disorientation?  Interesting area of thought.

MC, (The Rude One)