From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 10:47:15 -0400
>ferret from a breeder then a pet store, prices are now going up!  I think
>this is called supply and demand.  The more ferret vets and breeders you
>have in an area, the less the prices are.

Without a doubt.  People can only charge what the public is willing to pay.

I would also hazard a guess that the number of veterinary colleges in
eastern and southern states definately helps to boost the numbers of vets
in those areas.  I browsed the AAVMC webpage and looked at the list of
veterinary medicine schools in the US.  If you split the US in
geographically into an east and west half, most of the schools listed
would fall within the eastern half.  (The webpage I was browsing was:
http://aavmc.org/schools.htm)

More vets mean more competition in pricing.

-kim, squirt (who's seen more then his share of vets), pippi (meep!),
 atlas (kibbles-n-bits! I'm gonna get me more kibbles-n-bits!), jinx
 (samples life by lick and by chomp), and rosie (rosie kong terrorizing
 New York)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.