From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:03:18 -0700
Something horrible has happened.  On Sunday, the San Diego Metro Chapter
of Ferrets Anonymous had a Ferret Picnic at Balboa Park.  A little girl
wondered over to the FA group and every one assuming the little girl was
with some one in the group.  Well she wasn't and she grabbed some one's
ferret and it scratched her.  She ran off and came back with a very mean
and nasty mother.  The police was called and a statement taken.  Well
tonight 5 or 6 DFG, several police officers and Animal Control, broke down
Pat Wright's front door (literally), came in with a warrant...went thru his
house like they were looking for drugs after they had already confiscated
his 4 Ferrets.  Pat does not know whose ferret scratched the little girl,
but the officials are now calling it a bite.  The lawyer Mr. Weingarten
arrived on the scene as they were hand cuffing Pat.  The officials told Pat
if he would tell them whose ferret Scratched (bit) the little girl they
would give his ferrets back (yeah right and I'll sell you some beach
property in Arizona).  He kept telling them he didn't know.  With the
lawyer there, the officials let Pat go.  The officials have one in
quarantine, 2 others at animal control and not sure where the 4th is at
this time.  Pat needs our help.  We can't let happen to Rocky, happen to
his 4 fuzzbutts now.  This is a desperate plea from me to help Pat.  This
is going to be a costly battle to keep the fuzzies alive and sent out of
State, I don't have Mr. Weingarten's address at this moment.  But Pat has
an FA address:

George Weingarten
%  Ferrets Anonymous
P.O.Box 3395
San Diego, Ca.
92163
(619)584-8427

Please if you can help Pat please do so, and say a prayer for his fuzzies.
He has once again placed himself in the forefront to save another fuzzy and
owner at the risk of loosing his.  So please if you have a heart, let the
next beat you feel, be for Pat and his fuzzies.