From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 01:53:04 -0600
>... I looked down and there was Pepper, trying to get my attention.  So I
>leaned down to give him a scratch, and was just about to pick him up when
>he ran behind the desk to the litter box.  When he finished there, he came
>back to my leg, stood up, and gave me a clearly *expectant* look.  He was
>looking for a raisin!

Oh, yes!  These critters are too smart for their own good.  I recently
taught Gabrielle, the one I think is smartest of our four, to stand up in
exchange for a raisin (about 75% of the time) and lots of love and praise
(all the time :).  Well, now not only does she stand up without being
asked whenever she wants a raisin, but the other day she was being
"punished" (well, I use the term loosely -- I'm such a disciplinarian :P)
for scaling our new stereo speakers with a loud hand-clap and "No!".  Her
response was -- you guessed it -- "hmmm, if I stand up now mom'll think I'm
so damned cute she just can't stand it and she'll love on me and won't be
mad anymore!"

Well, it worked. :)

What can I say?  I'm a sucker.  Spoiled fert.

-Tasha, Belinda, the ferret patrol and the kitty brigade!! :):)