From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:46:49 -0800
Hi there!  I was just polishing up my little halo here when I thought of
a little one that arrived the other day.  My halo sparkled in the sun
just like this little girls eyes did when she crossed the bridge.  Her
eyes were very dark, but her eyes gained a gold sparkled in them she was
so full of life.  She actually bounced across that bridge and sat down
in front of me to introduce herself.  "I'm Pixie ...," she said.  I told
her already knew that (cause I da weangel!).  Then she told me I could
call her "Picky." Isn't that cute?  She sure is cute, so it suited her.
Perky Picky, the Princess Pixie.

She was filled with wonder and curiosity.  Her eyes were darting all over
the place looking at everything.  I grabbed her attention and showed her
the ferretone fountain, the bouncy clouds, sleepsack valley, oh ... and
shoots and ladders.  She was very interested in that, but she was a bit
leery of them.  Silly girl.  She has wings now!  She just didn't realize
it yet.  So I took her to over to the rice beds for a surprise ... a
visit with her old bud Xanthie Poo!  I arranged for Xanth to give her
flying lessons.  She caught on very quickly.  And then he helped her get
the knack out of the shoots and ladders.  They climbed from cloud to
cloud and slid down tubes dooking, twisting, and dancing at the end of
each tube they shot out of.

As much fun as they had, she still paused to ask about her mommy.  I
told her that her mommy could "see her" in her minds eye, and that was
forever.  And I assured her that her mommy would meet her up here one day
and hold her again.  But until then, she wouldn't even notice the time,
because there is no sense of "time" here.  The wait will feel like an
instant to her.  She still didn't seem happy.  Her halo lost a bit of
sparkle and tilted down a bit.  I nudged it back up with my nose and
asked what was wrong.  And she said she was sad for her hoomin Grammy.
I already knew she loved her Grammy (cause I da weangel).  She told me
about some memories about her Grandma that made me feel warm all over.
I told her that she could look down at her Mommy and Grammy any time she
wanted, and that they would feel it when she did.

Just when she was thinking this over, Xanth tackled her and danced up and
down.  They both dooked and laughed.  Xanth winked at me behind her back
and I smiled because I knew what he was up to, the scoundrel.  I winked
back and smiled at him.  Pixie looked back over her shoulder and asked
me, "In an instant?" I shouted, "Yup ... in an instant." I saw the
sparkle return to her halo and off they went, back to the shoots and
ladders.

Sandee