From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:28:43 -0000
The lights dimmed in the hooman world last night as Bodie, our 8 1/2 year
old Sable "old man of the roost", quietly closed his eyes for the last
time, sighed a breath of quiet relief and passed over to the bridge,
where his buddies Blizzard, Bubba, Beeper, Cindy, and ABBA the Dancing
Queen were anxiously awaiting his arrival.  The ripened summer grasses
rattled as the throng of friends tussled and rolled about, renewing their
bonds...time and disease having finally been stripped away and mattering
no more.

Bodie took his name from the well known ghost town in California, for he
was always in motion from the moment we first saw him...a blur o fur...
here, then there...a ghostly image left where he had just been moments
before.  And unlike the infamous town of Bodie, well known for its crime,
our little man was an ambassador ferret, earning the nickname "the good
ferret".  He, and he alone out of all of our original "tangle" of 12,
could get along with anyone.  What a boy!  Old age and insulinoma took
his brother, Blizzard a year and a half ago and Bodie was never quite
right after that...always searching for the bro that was gone...looking
in this corner and that.  But now, they are at last reunited, the warm
fall earth having received his body this evening.  Go Ghost go, dance in
the stars and name one for us here on earth.

putorius, cp and the remaining magnificent 7...Giggabite, Wingnut, Bonnie
and Clyde, Bopper, Bounder and Brando aka BigBoy