From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 19:36:08 EDT
It is said that every year on All Hallows Eve strange things happen in
Ferret Hollow.I just never believed it,but took a dare this Halloween to
go there and watch for what the old timers called the ghost dance.Silly,I
know,but it was a double dare.Ten o'clock Halloween night found me sitting
in a tree in the middle of Ferret Hollow.Hey,why take chances?  I must
admit,at first I was chuckling to myself,but soon began to feel something
almost mystical.I thought I saw the shadows begin to move in the
moonlight,but decided my imagination was just getting the better of me.As
I continued to watch,I became more convinced I was seeing something moving
down there.It looked like many long,slinky shapes dancing and twisting in
the moaning wind and flickering shadows.

Shortly,things began to coalesce,and I saw many old friends celebrating.
There was Slinky over there cavorting about,and Taz just to the right
ducking under Crystal.Then Valentine and Stinky came into view,followed
by Lucy,Cookie and Moose.In a shaft of pale moonlight,I could swear I saw
Chelsea and Saben dancing together very ladylike,and they were interrupted
by a wildly bouncing Sammy and Ulysses.There were so many,I just watched
in amazement as they danced and twirled,never colliding.It was a wondrous
sight.  All too soon I noticed there were fewer of them.They were leaving
the hollow by ones and twos.As much as I willed them to stay,they must have
needed to go.They all looked happy,although some seemed like they were
missing something,and they peered around expectantly,and shrugging, left
too.

I'll never forget that magical night.I was allowed to see an event few
humans ever see,and for that I am grateful.All the warm fuzzies I felt that
night will stay with me for a lifetime.What a mystical experience to carry
in my heart,and help to remember I have my friends with me always.Watch the
shadows in the moonlight on Halloween,and I know you too will see your
friends dancing and gamboling and being eternally fuzzy.

Sandy,Jasmine,Taz,Honey and Sugar
Missing,Valentine and Chelsea