From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:53:01 -0500
This is so very difficult....

Last Friday morning when I went to get Krystal for her 6am feeding she was
dead.  I took her to Larry to do a necropsy which revealed that her stomach
lining was riddled with tiny ulcers and one large one.  Her intestinal
tract was filled with blood.  Krystal bled to death... I'm slowly coming to
terms with her loss, but if I had just kept giving her the pepto for longer
after she seemed to get better perhaps she would still be here.  She was on
carafate 5 times a day.

Ulysses is not doing well and we have done all we can for him.  He has such
a strong will and as I type this I know he is still trying to stay with all
his being, but his body and spirit are so tired.  His back feet are grossly
swelling and the massage, hydro and heat therapies are no longer helping.
He has chronic head congestion and it has now moved into his lungs.  He is
on Baytril injections, oral Amoxi, injectable tagament, sub-q's as needed,
pediatric cold medicine and nose drops, pain med injections, and what
little recipe I can get into him.  He barely moves.  When he has to go to
the bathroom he tries to move but he's so very weak so I listen for his
whimpers and then I try to figure out what he wants.  He sleeps on or
beside me at night.  Evenings are spent cuddling him.  Little more than
what has to get done is getting done.  I am focusing on what little time we
have left together.  Oh God this is so very difficult.  He's only been with
me 8 weeks....

Why do I keep trying for him?  Because he is still trying.  When he gives
up then it will be time to let him go but as long as their is that tiny
chance that he might pull through I'm willing to do what I have to.

Please keep Ulysses in your thoughts and prayers.

Please spend special time with your little ones whenever you can.  You
never know when they will be taken from you.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity