From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:17:41 -0500
I use the deslorelin implants and do see hair regrowth with them,
without using the melatonin implants. Squirt regrew her coat soon
after her des implant, then again a month after losing it after the
deslorelin was depleted.

Thor grew a nice coat 2 weeks after his des implant, then started
thinning a month later.

I've had some ferrets die near or soon after the deslorelin was
depleted, some had severe prostate issues. Simba still had a beautiful
coat, had prostate problems, then lost much of his fur in two weeks
before he died.

The time it takes to work differs from ferret to ferret from my
experience. I've seen it start relieving symptoms as soon as 2 weeks
and as late as 2 months and variable duration as well.

While deslorelin is less costly than surgery, it is not a cure-all for
adrenal disease and ferrets will have varying results.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org