From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:20:25 -0500
What strange people we are, loving a creature with so many possible
illnesses that take them from us so soon.......We gladly do without,
so that they can 'do with'!

As I look at my seniors, three...all 6yrs. old, I become teary-eyed
knowing what lies ahead....more heartbreaks.  My "senior-sable", 'Tyler',
is starting to turn a bit gray from the front shoulders back,...sleeps
more,....and still acts like a "Regal nut" when he`s playing....My
little albino girl, 'Ruby', is slowing down,..  she`s always been the
"nurturer", cuddling & soothing all the sick fuzzies that went before
her,..She seems to know when her buddies are in trouble,... and then
there`s 'Lukey', my follically-challenged adrenal "hippy-hopper",..
who jumps with delite, still, straight up in the air when happy,...bald
as a baby`s bottom,....He`s the first to want get back in the hammy.

But I guess the reason I become sad, is because of the 2 rescues I
received sometime in September...'Bear', a chubby, "loves everybody"
DEW, and 'Katie', my tiny loner sable, are both young, and are like
"black & white" compared with the elders.  We "ferret people", to me,
are alone in our love, as you either like ferts, or you don`t.  I can`t
believe that my elderly parents won`t even touch them!  I guess that`s
what makes all of us special, choosing to worship a "specialty" species
with all of our hearts!  God bless the animals!

Peace....

john rich & the n.j.  gang.......& over the bridge, "Pooky", "Scooter",
"Jocko", "Jason", & "Misty".