From:
Christy Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 17:51:56 -0400
Now I have been through the ear mite thing with one of my ferrets when I
first got them so I know what to look for.  But right now my ferrets ears
have been getting so yucky and junky that they need to be cleaned sometimes
it seems even more then twice a week.  It is the normal yellow sometimes
redish ear wax but they seem to have it in huge amounts!  I have done some
readong trying to find something out about it and for the most part I
have read that some ferret just make large amounts of ear wax but this
seems rediculous.  I read in one article that it can also be caused by
a bacterial infection and I would like to know if anyone else has
encountered this.  I am planning on taking them to the vets soon anyway
to get it checked out but I am trying to find some info before I go.

thanks!
christy