From:
Frank_Bartock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:38:42 CST
<<<<< Jim  wrote>>>>>
>I need to know what others have paid for adrenal gland surgery, typically.
>I just got a quote for poor Felix for a minimum of $550, possibly over $900,
>depending on a one-hour job or two.

Just went through a similar situation..Although my Vet has always taken care
of the routine checkups and shots she was reluctant to try surgery..  She
quoted us a price of $575 to $700 plus we would have to travel 40 miles to
have the surgery done..  Well like you I told the Vet this was something we
would have to think about..

The next day she called me and said she had talked with other Vets who have
done the surgery and had did some reading on it and if I was willing to take
the chance she would do the surgery for $150.  She has been our Vet for over
8 years and she has not only taken care of our ferrets, two dogs and two
cats, she also has had avian training and takes care of our five parrots.
To make a long story short, she removed the swollen gland with no
complications.  The biopsy(SP) of the gland showed no malignancy.  Its been
less than a month, but Scooters her old self and other than a naked tail
which I'm told will grow hair soon she's just as spunky as ever..

I also would be interested in the average fee.

Frank