Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:11:43 -0900
Dooks to all.

Its been almost a week since I managed to post, and I have had a LOT of
e-mails from people either "re-educating" me on my thoughts of no ferret
shelters in the Anchorage area (turns out there ARE), or my thoughts on
intervening on this little ones behalf.  I just thought you should all
know what has happened.

Monday I called and left a message I wanted to talk to the kids dad. (for
those who dont remember, this is the ferret that supposedly was locked up
24/7 in the basement eating dog-food)  He obviously got the message as I
got a call at work Tuesday afternoon.  Well, suprise #1) I used to work
with him.  Way back in the old days (1988-1991) when college was not a
fond memory but a very real hell, him and I used to work side by side
pounding out sheet metal on damaged and abused cars.  I had thought he
had moved back east, but no, 4 years ago he moved back to AK to raise his
family.  He lives very close to me (I couldn't hit his house with a rock,
so to say, but a decent bow and arrow might do the trick)

Once I spoke with him I realized how over-reactive I might have been.  His
house is built in an area of cookie-cutter construction I like to call
"Alaska archetechture".  This means part of the house is sub-terrainia.
Anyone in Alaska will know what that means.  You enter the house from the
side, Once in, on your left is the door to the garage, on the right a
stairwell upstairs, beyond that the washer/dryer and another stairwell
downstairs.  The downstairs is usually at least as nice (if not nicer)
than the above area.  The ferret lives in a 2 story cage in his "den"
(the basement)  When I talked to him on the phone.  "O" said he gets out
for free-play about 1 -1/2 hours a day but has many toys in the cage to
play with.  He does not know the exact age as he got this guy from a
"fighter-jock" from Elmendorf AFB who couldn't take him with to Turkey.

Him, me, my daughter, and Rocky are to meet Saturday.  I will let you all
know what the status is then.

Dale and the SAD group.

*Rocky and Mysty - Seek And Destroy*