From:
"Lindy N. Garner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 15:44:45 -0700
Because of Idgie's adrenal gland problem (as far as we know adrenal gland
problem) she looks extremely skinny.  I can see bones, her skin looks thin,
BUT she still weight 1.5 pounds thursday when we went to the vet for her
surgery (remember the vet said there was a lot of abdominal fat).  That is
about what she weighed a few months ago and did not look near this skinny.
I realize they lose muscle mass with this problem but will duck soup and
chicken baby food be enoough for her to get better ???  I had been really
working to make sure she ate before surgery with all these same materials
and it didn't seem to help.  SOOOO again my question is what is the best way
for me to help her replace muscle mass and gain weight to look normal
again????  I have read the faq and all they talk about is duck soup for
ferrets not eating well.  Now what is next?  Thanks,
Lindy Garner ( a very worried ferret mom)
Idgie (zzzzz, I think I just sleep a little more yet)
Lisa (IDGIE, IDGIE you're back, what happened, oooh you stink and smell
funny, let me in your cage, let me in!)
Shannon (I'm glad we didn't drive back friday from the ferret surgery in
Idaho on HWY 12 since the road was completely washed out AFTER we drove on
it Thursday morning, what is next for YOUR ferrets)