From:
Pamela Paasche' O'Hearn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 18:43:11 -0400
I am writing to thank everyone who sent support, information, and assistance
to me in treating Nidhoggr.  I am sorry to report that I had to put him to
sleep last night.  The tumors had spred so much that he couldn't breathe
without oxygen.  It happened quickly.  The day before he was eating and
somewhat active, and we were preparing to start chemotherapy.  Then
overnight he stopped eating, and by that afternoon was unable to walk.
While at the vets, he went into respiratory arrest.  We tried to bring him
around, but soon realized that we were doing him a disservice.  The necropsy
showed that the tumors had grown so that they had collapsed one lung, and
the other was filling at less than 1/2 its normal capacity.  There were
tumors and enlarged lymph nodes throughout.  He went quietly and peacefully.
We are now ferretless for the first time in ten years.  We won't be able to
replace them until next winter.  We will be reading the list, though, to
stay both informed and entertained.  Thanks again for all you help and
support.

Pam O'Hearn  =<^;^>=