From:
Melanie and Dustin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:41:46 EST
has anyone ever had to have one of their fuzzies teeth extracted???

i was just told by my doctor that my five year old fuzzy, hashimoto,
needs to have his front tooth removed.  it's rotten (he chipped it when
he was young, and now it's gone bad).  my vet says that once its removed
he'll be fine, except his lip will curl in a little bit.  but i'm worried
about him.

i'm worried how he'll adapt to having only one front tooth after the
surgery.  it seems like it would be hard for him to eat.  i'm wondering
if i'm going to have to hand feed him for the rest of his life.

hashi is "king" at our house.  we have seven other weezels along with
him.  i'm worried that he'll get picked on by the others.  five our
fuzzies are pretty old, but three of them are wild young guys.  it's
hashi's job to keep them in line.i wonder if he'll have a hard time?

of course, i thought of all these questions after i left the vets office
today.  so i'll call and talk to the vet about some of my concerns later,
but i was looking for some advice from you all.  does anyone have any
advice?  anyone been through a similar situation???

thanks a bunch,
melanie