From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:50:42 PST
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post again how wonderful Dr. Morrissey at AMC was.  He was
really nice.  I guess it is b/c I am not used to a vet actually ENJOYING
holding my ferret!  Not that my vet is bad, but I know they aren't a pet he
choses to live with.  Dr. M was rubbing her ears, petting her--all the
stuff I that made paying $96 for nothing seem easier!!

I also wanted to add--he has a great sense of Humor!  He was explaining to
my less-knowledgable friend the fact that ferrets usually have problems
that end with surgery.  Adrenal, insolima, blockages, lymphoma...etc.  He
started laughing at himself he said ferrets should be made with zippers on
their bellies so we can just go in and out a lot easier!!  then he decided
to take a picture of a ferret with a zipper on his belly and he wants to
hang it in his office... what a wacko!

Thank you again to everyone who told me AMC was worth it--they are!!

Second: In giving Fezzik his nightly backrub that he has trained me to do,
I noticed two bumps--look like flea bites, or nipple that are on either
side of the "belly button" the same distance apart.  They are too similar n
spacing, size, etc to be bites.  They almost look like nipples--but he is
a boy!!

Then, upon closer examination i found what feels like a pea under his skin
down by the anus more-- if he is on his back, the "pea" is North West of
his bum.  although the area itself seems more inflammed that the other
side.

any thoughts on what it is?  He has been more lethargic, going in for a
base line (or maybe more) blood work on monday--eats like normal, lost a
little weight--but nothing substantial.

Any suggestions??

Meg nd the floosies