From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:17:09 -0500
I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get some specific info about
prednisone, but no one on either of the groups, including FHL, has been
able to help.

I need to know how long a single dose pf pred lasts? I've been told 6
hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, and "continuously" (which makes no sense to
me). Can someone PLEASE tell me how long a single dose lasts in a
ferret, so that I can determine if splitting the dose into two or three
is better? I need exact information with references, please (this is
very important in this case). I know that one person gives his furkid a
dose split into three smaller doses every eight hours, but I've never
understood why he does this. I really need concrete information backed
up with sources, as to why this might be better than one single dose,
or, say, two doses every twelve hours. Telling me "this worked for me":
isn't what I need, though personal experiences are VERY important; it's
just that in this specific case, I need proof. Does that make sense?

HELP!!!

TIA! :)

~Eri and the TX fuzzies -- Tucker, Kitty, Indy, and Pixie

--
/\_/\
(>"<)