From:
Elliot Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 07:55:25 -0400
To the Anon poster:

Yes, in my experience (with 6 ferrets), they do become more affectionate
as they get older.  Bear in mind that their affection is different than a
dog's.  They do kiss, but display affection in other ways: by following
you around, sleeping on or next to you, wanting to be picked up, coming
when called, etc.  I'm guessing that age has something to do with
affection, but also that they take time to learn to trust you.  I've
found that the 2 ferrets we've had since they were babies displayed
their affection and trust much quicker than 3 of the 4 we adopted from
shelters.

Elliot