Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:02:54 EDT
roadmap to my fuzzy's well being.  And in regard to what appeared balloon
like, perhaps it was a balloon.  My first ferret, Cinnamon, had a poop
one day that appeared to have some type of organism in it as it was dark
orangy color and about 1/2" in length.  I panicked, called the emergency
vet as it was a weekend asking about such things, was told they didn't
know what it could be.  When I got off the phone I started to poke at
this thing with a toothpick and low and behold it was a small piece of
balloon, red in color, that was tightly rolled and had turned color
because it was in poop.  I had recently had helium balloons in my house
and Cinnamon had great fun leaping and hopping trying to grab one.
Apparently she managed to do this and ingest part of it without my
knowledge.  It is a miracle this passed thorough her tiny body.  I guess
the laxatone she got really did it's job.  My little girl lived to the
ripe old age of 8 1/2 yrs and there were no more balloons allowed in my
house.

Ann