Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:16:59 EST
Dear ferret lovers,

My thanks for your prayers and for once again reminding my tired being
of the sincere ferret lovers that you are.  There are so many unselfish,
loving, concerned ferret lovers out there that have saved a little one--
or dozens of little ones.  Thank you for sharing your sacrifices and saves
and stories.

I felt so depressed.  The power of prayer is something I have become a
firm believer in.  Your prayers have given me the strength to make it
through this week with this sudden new addition along with all the other
responsibilities in my life.

The little girl has been learning how to walk on the floor and on carpeting
as opposed to wire.  She hops like a little frog, and sounds like a geiger
counter: chuckachuckachuckachuckachucka.

I did not mean for her to interact with anyone yet.  But she has already
gone out of her way to reach each cat and painfully bite them.  She does
not like to be held, and is slippery as an eel.  Chuckachuckachuckachucka;
her slender weasel nose and 1 pound 4 ounce body investigating every nook
and cranny.

She is actually very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She has stark white feet that
look like white socks, and her chin and chest are white.  Her body is
silver, brown, and black.  She has the slender weasel body and face.  She
puts herself back in her cage in the room I am keeping her in to go to
sleep.  AND--she is using the litter box in her cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside of the cage is a different story.

I have no name for her yet.  Maybe Dusty-as she was so dirty when I found
her.

Again--my thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers.  It made a big
difference to me in how I viewed all of this.  No spring chicken anymore.
Good thing I am not as old as Wolfy.

 :-)
Lisette