From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:04:36 -0700
I always think the best thing for my mental health is being around a
healthy playful ferret, but there is nothing sadder than a normally
happy energetic ferret that is sick. As far as humans go, no one is
better at raising my spirits than Bob Church, but seeing Bob in such
misery at the symposium was painful.

I was able to speak with Bob over the phone in the hospital on Wed.
afternoon and I am pleased to report that he is feeling much better,
at least relatively. After much poking, prodding, AND probing (Bob
has a great story about that part I'm sure he will enjoying relating to
everyone), the doctors decided he had an extraordinarily bad intestinal
virus. I unfortunately interrupted his lunch, which was his first real
meal in who knows how many days. He insisted that he was going to be
released within a few hours and was going to be headed home (as soon
as he proved he could keep his lunch where it belonged). He asked me
to let everyone know he was OK, I'm sorry it took me several days to
get around to posting this update. He should be home again by now.

Elayne Barclay
Cascade Ferret Network