From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 18:13:22 -0700
ONE PERSON NAIL CLIPPING METHOD: I just wrap Katie up snugly in a small
towel with one front leg at a time out, and clip away.  Then I tuck in both
front legs and let the rear legs hang out the bottom.  After she is wrapped,
I just tuck her into the crook of my arm, leaving both hands free.

FERRET STINKING AT COAT CHANGE TIME: I too have noticed that my ferret,
Katie, seems to smell stronger at coat changes.  I just figured it was
natural for oils to increase at this time.

"RAWHIDE" LACES AS COLLARS: Most of the boot laces that people refer to as
"rawhide" are actually Latigo ( an oil tanned leather ) which doesn't really
shrink if it gets wet.  Rawhide is very, very stiff and un-flexable when
dry, and would not make good boot laces.  Latigo laces should be OK to use
as a collar.

FAKING IT IN THE LITTER BOX: Tavi sounds like she could be Katie's twin!!
I, also have to tell Katie to go several times before she actually will go.
But, she puts on a good act!!  :)

WOW!!  MAX'S 8.5 lb FERRETS?!  : Is this for real, or was that a typo??  I
have seen several BIG ferrets that weighed between 3 & 4 lbs.  I can't even
imagine one at 8.5, let alone two!  This is one for the record books!!

TNT, fuzzie kisses to all,
Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"