From:
Lisa Kaliski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:51:42 -0600
To my fellow ferret lovers:

I just wanted to share with you a poem I wrote last May after Lucy, my
foster ferret, passed away in my arms.  I only had her for a short time
but she forever left her footprints on my heart.  I hope you like it.

FOUR LITTLE FEET

They come into our hearts on four little feet.  They bring their friends
and before we know it, there are too many feet to count.  In addition
to feet comes the weasel war dance, bottle brush tails, sniffing noses,
kisses, the occasionally love nip and, the obsessive need to get into
everything and hide all they can.  They are a whole lot of fun in a very
small package!!  They make us laugh when we need it most and love us even
at our worst.  They pack a lot of life in such a small amount of time
that makes us envious.  They amaze us with their will to live even in
their final hours.  Then, they leave us, almost as quickly as they came
and we are left with tears in our eyes and their spirit in our hearts.
However, before we know it, four more little feet stroll into our
hearts...

IN MEMORY OF

ALL OF OUR

FERRET FRIENDS

WHO HAVE CROSSED

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

My first copy of the poem was auctioned off last year to raise funds for
my local ferret rescue!!  I was thrilled something good could come from
Lucy's passing :)

Anyway, thank you for letting me share this with you.

LISA
Ferret Mom to Avery, Bear, Carlin, Erin, George, Lottie, Mikey, Molly,
Turner and Gabriel, Gracie, Lucy Lu (she is named 'Lucy Lu' to
distinguish her from 'Lucy'), and Sebastian