From:
Jen Galas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:24:55 -0800
Hello everyone!

Must say that I, too, am also a lurker.  I agree that it's probably
an Iowan's nature.  I'm not that outspoken unless you really trip my
trigger on a particular issue.

In regards to shelters in Iowa, I run a shelter here (a LOS National
Division shelter) in Council Bluffs, on the western edge of the state,
but I have heard of 2 other shelters in eastern Iowa (but have never
had contact with them).  There also was a shelter in Northern Iowa (north
of Sioux City), but I'm unsure if she's still operating or not, as her
website's down and I've been unable to reach her by phone or email.
Other than that, ARL in Des Moines has ferrets from time to time.

Also, in regards to ferret clubs, LOS has a midwest division, which I'm
the director of.  Currently, we don't have much going in the midwest as
no one's expressed much interest in getting a group together, though it
would be nice to hold a show or at least a fun day.  If anyone would like
information, you can email me off list and I'll be happy to fill you in.
This isn't Iowa exclusive, either...those of you in Nebraska, Kansas,
Missouri, Illinois, etc.  are also welcome.  We've got some really active
members out east and out west...and it's time we got something going here
in the midwest as well. :)

Glad to know there are other fuzzy owners that are also Iowegans. :)
Even though I'm a lurker, I read the digest faithfully, and do respond
when the mood and occasion strike me.

Dooks to you all and best wishes for a happy holiday season!

Jen & The Furkids

=====
Jen Galas, LVT
Legion of Superferrets of Iowa Ferret Shelter
Black Dragon Ferretry
Help support the homeless fuzzies in our care
by shopping with iGive: http://www.iGive.com/LOSofIA
If you don't rescue, DON'T BREED!