From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 23:08:22 +0000
Hi guys,

Michael Bostrom wrote:
>No.  I didn't really put it through the washing machine.  See, the "e's"
>work fine.  eeeeeeeeee.  If you believed that you must've thought I was
>nuts.  But then again, I own four weezils.  How much more nuts can you get.

Hey, I think I have just been insulted!!  Of course, that is getting to be a
daily occurance in my life lately.  I do own, or should I say owned by, 19
ferrets.  And no, I ain't a shelter, and I ain't a breeder.  I have a
problem.  Well, that doesn't have anything to do with ferrets, but that's
another story.

Actually, you should see my keyboard.  What I wouldn't give for keys that
stick.  The guys got on top of the monitor before I left Texas and dropped a
gargoyle on the keyboard (I keep him in a cage up there).  Broke off the o,
p and 0 keys.  They work, just no plastic covers.  I've gotten used to it.
I just make mistakes when I use the computers at school, don't have to reach
so far to hit the keys there.

Ferrets and Chocolate--
Horror of horrors, people actually feed chocolate to their ferrets??!!  I am
shocked, I am amazed, I do it regularly!!  Actually, what stays in stock
around here is Nutella.  I am hooked.  I don't really eat american
chocolate, too much wax, too sweet.  Nutella is a hazelnut/milk chocolate
spread.  Pooks loves it.  And Dr. Pepper.  Won't drink Coke.  And I know who
to blame for that!!

Not all of my ferrets eat chocolate.  Not all like it.  OK.  So they might
stay healthier than me.  I can live with that.

If you worried or wonder, the substance toxic to dogs is highest in
concentration in bitter chocolate.  The concentration goes down the sweeter
the chocolate is.  And white chocolate isn't.  Of course any evidence of
toxicity is extrapolated from canines to cats and ferrets.  Yep, my cats get
it too and haven't keeled over yet.

I'll repeat what's been said a dozen times or so, worry about the quantity
of treats.  I mean, Conan loves plain toast, Essie bananas, Ollie only
raisins, and Pookie, well, everything.  And I got 19 healthy varmits driving
me crazy.  OK, more crazy.

Mad Maggie Mae and the Missouri Maniac Mob
--
She don't want to meet my folks, she don't want to hear my jokes
She don't want to fix my tie, she don't even want to try

Sting