From:
Dave Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 01:41:33 UT
>From:    Jonathan Wharton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help!  Aggressive Ferret
>The biggest problem we have is integrating our six month old with these
>two.  She is fine with the male but the 2 1/2 year old attacked our six
>month old very viciously tonight...

. I have owned ferts for fifteen+ (5 waiting over the R.B.  and 3 on this
side) years and I thought that I could handle just about any ferret
situation (pretty naive - right?)We found our White Fang (BEW) in a pet
store with some pretty bad bite marks on the back of his neck.  He was a BIG
boy but was quite lovable in the pet store.  On the way home he became very
aggressive and drew blood a couple of times.  When we FINALLY (the longest
ten minute ride I ever took)got him home we let him loose in the house with
the other two boys isolated in the laundry room.  He started attacking my
wife and me aggressively.  Nose thumping and "NO" yelling (which we read in
a ferret How-to) only made him more upset and he attacked with more
diligence.  We locked him in a bathroom and every time we attempted to
approach him - you guessed it - he came out with fangs a'blaisin'!!!  I was
tempted to take him back to the pet store but then I got to thinking (
something I should do a lot more of) Fang must be terrified of his new
surroundings.  He must of had some bad experiences in the past and the loud
yelling and corporal punishment (nose thumps) added to the confusion.
Someone wrote a great letter here a couple of weeks ago (BIG can you help?)
about ferrets feelings and how kindness, love and patience are the magic
that I think you are looking for.  Oh by the way, did I mention patience?
BOTTOM LINE!  Fang is our most loving fert.  He always slobbers our faces
full of kisses EVERY time we pick him up.  We love him to pieces!  Don't
give up.

Feel free to E-mail me if you want to discuss this further.

~~~~WARNING - the following will make no sense unless you remember Soupy
Sales~~~~

A Big "LOE-OH LOE-OH" to you and White Fang!  Anybody out there got a fert
(or other pet or relative etc.) named "Black Tooth"???
(Pookey is waiting at the R.B.)

>From:    Charlee Fulton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Anyone in Michigan?

The Great Lakes Ferret Association (G.L.F.A.) would love to meet you!  The
next meeting is on April 20th.  They are a great bunch of ferret lovers and
are a lot of fun and are very ferret knowledgeable.  Members come from all
over Michigan so you are bound to meet someone close to your neighborhood.
You can E-mail me if you are interested.

Wow, there are so many sick ferrets and so many sad stories. Our hearts are
with each of you and we always say some prayers for the ferrets and owners
that are grieving. I miss each one of my guardian angel ferrets.

BIG - Count us in for the festivities - We would love to meet all of you
wonderful ferret lovers!

Dave & Deb
Weazer, L.S., & White Fang
Oh yeah ... and 2Catz
(2Catz is a HUGE 17# dark gray FDI agent.  Just like the Crosby, Stills,
Nash & Young song, when you see him in the back of the house it's like
"2Catz in the yard".)