Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 08:59:07 -0500
To Russ Hazzon concerning Green diarrhea:

>For those of you that have not had the misfortune of reading my messages
>on CompuServe over the past week - The Green Diarrhea is here!  I have
>two ferrets about one year old - a male named Scooter and a female named
>Zuki.  I just brought a kit home two weeks ago - a male named Bandit.

        Russ:  By your story, it certainly does sound like the GD (I like that
acronym), but a few questions remain.  1)  Where is here?  2)  Where did you get
Bandit from, and do you know his history?  Is he a Marshall Farms ferret (MF
doesn't have the disease)?

        GD is a contagious disease, and we should be able to track exposure in
all cases.  The symptoms of dehydration and greenish loose stools can be seen in
a number of conditions which are not related to GD.

        Anyhow, it seems that with the Amoxi, Pedialye, antispasmodics (the
"pill for diarrhea" and the subcutaneous fluids as needed, you have all of the
bases covered.

       Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
       [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
       (202) 782-2600/2602                 Washington, D.C.  20306-6000