From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:38:36 EDT
Chris I have a few noises on my sites.  If you go to my main page, there
is regular happy "dooking" (which sounds like a cross between tiny barking
and a chicken clucking).  If you go down to the index to my allergy page,
you will hear Laddie doing the "he-heing" noise which is like loud, fast
panting when they are super excited and happy.  Then on my Watermelon page
is a great wav of a ferret I once had that used to hiss all the time.  On
that same page is her eating with all her sounds (she was loud when she
ate watermelon).  I'm trying to think what other sounds there are.  On the
Ferret Central site you should be able to find various sounds: whining
(never had a ferret do that though), wrestling vocalizations, dooking,
teenie babies (icle wickles), and power sniffing!  The sneezing thing is
hilarious.  My husband can do it to an absolute t.  The ferrets always
stop what they are doing and look at him so strangley when he acts like a
ferret going through sneeze fits.

What makes them more vocal?  I sure wish I knew. :/  I've had single
ferrets and pairs... they didn't talk anymore with others around than when
they are alone.  Right now I have six.  And you'd think they's be talking
to one another.  Well they really don't.  I have no idea why some do more
than others.

Oh I just remembered something else they do... when they are really....
like on the hunt... they do this really quiet, and rapid kind of dooking.
when I say on the hunt like if they do not like a strange ferret and seem
to be sniffing after them in a bad way.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/