From:
JuliePaul from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 11:08:01 -0400
Hello Everyone,

On Thurs (June1) my Misty came down with a fever and delivered some green
stool into her litter box.  I took the sample to the vet immediately and she
said that it was bile and put Misty back on Cephalexin for another 14 days.
She said it would take the fever down and eliminate the green stool.  Well,
after 3 days the green stool was gone but the fever remained.

She was not eating on her own, so I syringe fed her with chicken/turkey
veggie baby food, ferretone, and ferretvite every two hours.  I also started
giving bubblegum Pedialyte because she was dehydrating again.

I called the vet on Monday and she said to bring her down and admit her to
the hospital right away.   She hooked Misty up to an IV for fluids and is
starting treatment with Lysodren.  She told me that Lysodren is used for
treating Cushings Disease and that Misty's remaining adrenal gland must still
be producing too much Cortisone(Cortisol?).  This is what is causing the
fever and diminishing her appetite.  She has been in Intensive Care for 24
hours now and I will go visit today.  Will Misty always have to be on
Lysodren now?  Also, will she ever regain her fun personality and begin to
play or take interest in the new ferrets? (Sobriety & Charity)

******Question for Pam Green:

>>If you're signed up to receive updates from the server automatically, you
should get them soon.>>

Pam, I would like to receive automatic updates of the main FAQ on ferrets.  I
have AOL, how do I get automatic updates?  If I can't get them automatically,
should I wait 2 weeks before sending my request for the updated FAQ?  Also, I
may be going on vacation for a  couple weeks a few times this summer and wish
to stop the Ferret Mailing List when I leave and start it again when I come
back.  Can you shed any light on how to do this?  Reply most appreciated!

›Moderator's note: Actually, those are questions for me.  To receive the
updates automatically, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
text of: AFD ADD ANSWERS PACKAGE FERRET
Not sure why you want to wait two weeks between requests - once Pam
updates them and announces it, the changes are available immediately.
As to how to temporarily suspend mail: just ask.  Send mail to the
ferret-request address shown on every issue. BIG!

Warm Fuzzies to All,

Julie & Larry  Paulauskas
and the Fuzzy Wuzzies -- Misty, Sobriety & Charity

PS.  We also would like to express our deepest sympathies for anyone who has
recently had a dear fuzzy friend cross over Rainbow Bridge.