From:
"David C. Bonesteel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:04:58 -0500
One of my ferrets, Chili, recently was diagnosed with ECE.  The vet
believes it came from the new ferret I purchased this past weekend but she
has shown no symptoms of it.  He told me not to isolate Chili because most
likely my other ferrets have already been infected by him.  Chili has been
the worst because at first he refused to eat anything, even duck soup.  I
have finally gotten him to take some but am worried that he has not eaten
enough over the past few days.  I have also been giving Chili pedialyte,
which he will take with a struggle.  Also, how long does the diarrhea
usually last?  I have been lucky enough to be able to take him to work with
me.  My boss is pretty cool with it.  I am just fearing that my other three
ferrets will come down with this.  That would be a handful.  If a ferret
has had ECE once can they be infected by it again?  Please email me with
some information.  Thank you in advance.  Jaki