From:
Lorraine Kozlowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:15:43 -0700
If I may step up on the soapbox for a moment.  I question of what we as
humans do to our animals.  I recently meet a women who had the cutest
cat.  I mean really really cute, she had pictures all over her office and
loved the animal very much.  She had had the little thing declawed and it
was in so much pain, even with the pain medication they were taking it
back to the vet.  Why, Why , Why would anyone put an animal through
unnecessary suffering?

I read that if you get the shots that they recommend for ferrets in the
vets, stay afterwords for an hour or so, because your ferret could get a
bad reaction and die.  Why, Why, Why?  I heard that a vet in my area was
suppose to good with exotics.  So, I take my little guy for a check-up to
meet this guy.  I didn't like him and neither did my little guy.
However, on top of the annual shots, he wanted to sell me a monthly shot
to protect against mosquito bites.  WRONG!  I know ferrets cannot live
out in the wild by themselves.  And I know all domestic animals are
domestic and need our care.  But when we are cutting and neutering and
giving shots and declawing and etc.  I just don't think they need that
much help.  Just an opinion.  But, my heart cries for the little ones who
suffer because humans spend money.  One vet was trying to talk a friend
into having her one year old dogs teeth cleaned, that would require being
put to sleep.  The most dangerous part of the whole proceeder.  Another
friend worked at a vets office, had no medical training and it was her
job to give the anaethesia.

Its a scary world!  LSK