Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:50:07 EST
LOL!  We have been getting more halloween bedding in this week - and
thank goodness we have!  I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to Risa
DiVincenzo from MA, Angela Dixon from CT and Alicia Drakiotas from NH
for sending us some wonderfully made, soft bedding!  It is all so great!

Perfect timing too - we took in 5 new ferrets on friday - all girls -
Cleo (1 yo blaze - deaf)& Cheyenne(1 yo Sable), Sierra (1 yo chocolate) &
Sable (2yo sable) and a little one from the SPCA named Sadie(5yo light
silver).  Sadie had to be taken immediately to my vet from the SPCA as
we could see that she was terribly adrenal with a vulva the size of a
nickel.

She stayed overnight because she couldn't urinate freely - and is also
suffering from insulinoma.  Her urine was full of white cells, red cells
and bacteria..and was a cloudy green-brown-yellow..poor baby.  She
received a lupron shot and is now on clavamox and some medications to
help her urinate, as well as pred...

She's home with us now, recovering.  Surgery for adrenals/insulinoma
will probably be in about a month, once we get her infection cleared
up.  Hopefully that will make her even more comfortable.

Thank you everyone from all the ferrets here!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org