Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:17:54 -0400
Tonight, I attended a "town meeting" in Wixom, Michigan that was scheduled
by Senator Bill Bullard, Jr., who, if you'll recall, is the chairman for the
Comittee of Government Operations for the senate of Michigan.  This
committee is one of the two that Senate Bill 616, "Kodo's Protection Act",
was referred to after being introduced to the Michigan legislature back in
June.  Tonight's meeting was also co-chaired by state Rep.  Nancy Cassis.

When the floor was opened for questions, I took the opportunity to briefly
recount the Kodo case and the handling of ferret bite/scratch cases by
Animal Control in Michigan.  I then asked Sen.  Bullard if his committee had
acted upon SB 616.  His response was that the committee had not discussed
the bill and that he would be contacting Sen. Christopher Dingell to discuss
the bill within the next two weeks.  I am to contact Sen. Bullard after two
weeks from today (9/22) to get an update on SB 6l6.

My main reason for posting is to let others know about upcoming "town
meetings" being held by Sen. Bullard within the next few weeks.  This is
grass roots, get-out-and-spread-the-word, and show your support/concern for
SB 616, Kodo's Protection Act.  Every small effort counts to let Michigan
legislature that we have not died down or gone away.  We are still waiting
and watching the government that we pay for.

Here is the schedule for upcoming "town meetings".  All begin at 7:30
pm.  All of the following are in south Oakland County, Michigan.
-Sept. 25 in the Middle School Cafeteria in South Lyon
-Sept. 29 in the Council Chambers of the Novi Civic Center
-Oct. 6 in the Farmington City Council Chambers
-Oct. 9 in Commerce Township Hall
-Oct. 20 in Walled Lake City Hall

If you live near any of these areas, it would be great to have at least one
*ferret fan* present at each of these meetings to show our support and ask
about SB 6l6.  It only takes a few hours of your time and could mean so
much.

Love to all the fuzzies,
Suzanne and Cocoa, Peanut, Fuzzy and Cookie