From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:58:50 +0100
>From:    Amber Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have read through the FAQ and the Articles 1-5 for answers to this
>question, but the answers there don't seem to help.  Slinky is resistant
>to litter box training.  I will admit that I am a cat lover and am used to
>how quickly cats adapt to the box (show it to em and never worry about it
>again :)  Slinky just doesn't want to use his box...

I had the exact same thing when Bubbles adopted me, he was then about 1
year old, he preferred a particular corner of the cage and point blank
refused to use the proper "Hi-back" litter box for poopies, but liked the
box for sleeping.

Not wanting to stress him (I felt a move to a new home with a new dad
had been enough for him to deal with), I did the cowardly thing and
surrendered, thus setting a pattern for the future

I covered the top of the box which my whole business ( I am up to 4 -
ferret math ) now use as a sleep hole and they have an ordinary cat tray
for poopies, which is in the place Bubbles selected when he first arrived.
As long as they're happy I dont mind.  Could be that Slinky is telling
you "thats" where he wants his bathroom, and that he likes something he
can "hide in" to sleep, the hi back box would certainly give a feel of
"enclosure"

Just my experience YMMV.

Cris Page
Bubbles, Skweek, Rhubarb 'n' Custard
(we're STILL waiting for our proper dinner!!! )