From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:45:02 -0400
To: Michael Flaster

 Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you are discouraged, but there really are some very
sweet ferrets out there. Over the last ten years or so, my family has had 11
ferrets.  Many came from a Wal-Mart in Kansas which I believe got them from
either MF or Path Valley. Most of them have had the usual adrenal/insulinoma/
lymphoma problems, but they have all been extremely sweet. We got all of them
when they were about 8 wks. old. From the day they've been brought home to the
day they've passed on, they've been treated like family members (because they
are). I think giving them love and attention and playing with them and talking
to them every day has made them very gentle (and often quite smart). 4 of the
ferrets we have had we have adopted from people who didn't want them anymore. 2
were a few months old when we got them and have turned out quite sweet. The
other 2 were a year or two old when we got them, and they were both biters and
quite nasty when we got them. After 3 years of being with my sister, one is
quite nice now. The other one is coming along slowly. Baby ferrets chew on
everything (including people) up to a point, but some ferrets who have been
abused, left in a cage a lot, or not given much love or attention appear to
often have a problem. Sweet ferrets ARE out there. Good Luck!     KR