From:
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:24:59 -0400
Harley pulled through with flying colors.  I'm so sorry I didn't post
earlier, just been going through a lot at the shelter and tons of personal
stuff too.

Harley will have to start a strict program of antibiotics (again) and go
in for bi weekly nose flushes like he used to.  This is the only way the
doctors feel we can cure his problems.

Dr Taylor, (the vet who has been overseeing Harley's case for the last
year) will be talking to Ophthalmology on Monday to see how we can keep
Harley's eye and still cure the infection.  He says the hard part is over,
but that in a few months, we *may* have to go back into the sinuses with
Dr. Homburg.

Poor Harley looks like Frankenstein (or should I say Frankenferret).  His
little face has a 2" incision with huge blue stitches.  He wants to play
so bad, but I'm still a little nervous about him knocking his face on
something.

I'll let you all know what happens on Monday after Dr. T speaks with Optho.

Thanks again to Harley's angels, all of you and the caring vets at The
University of Guelph for keeping Harley's spirits alive and mine too.

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org