Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:37:43 +0000
I have been owned by about 40 ferrets over the past 25 years. In that
time, I have seen a full range of emotions. I wonder if some scientists
don't believe that animals have emotions simply because they don't get
as close to them as we do?

My ferrets will laugh and dance when we play chase or hide and seek.
They will get upset when I leave for work. They will grieve when they
lose a buddy. Sometimes, thankfully not often, they will give up and
die when they lose their former homes. We simply have to be in tune
to what they are feeling. They will let us know, if we pay attention.