From:
"JULIAN, JOHN C (ATTSI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 09:04:19 -0400
Recently I had to give a half pill of something rather bitter to my
ferret. I cut the end off a plastic syringe. The pill was a tight fit
in the syringe so it didn't fall out. I added about .5 cc ferretone to
the syringe. I still had to scruff the ferret so I could squeeze oil
and pill in to the back of the ferrets mouth. Be careful to put pill
and oil in sideways otherwise you might cause the ferret to aspirate
the oil. Ferret was not happy but did swallow the pill most of the
time. Sometimes he spit it back out and I had to repeat the process.

John Julian