From:
Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:06:04 -0400
>No, I am not. Please read my original post more closely. They had
>a ferret in there *who was chewing on a plastic litterbox, & that
>section of the litterbox was already missing small pieces*.

A ferret chewing on something, imagine that. I've had ferrets that have
chewed litter boxes, and a number of other items as well. I have one
that once ate a hole the circumference of a grapefruit from a t-shirt.
How she managed to not only swallow it but also pass it whole is beyond
me. Point is, ferret's chew on things, that's hardly a sign of abuse or
neglect.

>They banned me from their store, cos I had the unmitigated gall to
>*bring it to their attention.*

Perhaps it wasn't that you called it to their attention but the manner
in which you may have done so, particularly if you'd been "calling
things to their attention" on an ongoing basis.

>Now, back to the situation at hand. Let's say they sold that ferret, &
>the owners bring back said ferret a couple days later, all dead-like,
>cos of an intestinal blockage. Are you saying that it's *wrong* for
>someone to alert the store mgrs to that possibile scenario, & do
>something about it? Are you saying that it's the store's *right* to
>keep their animals in a situation where they may be doing something
>that could eventually *kill* them? Or is it just that *I'm* not
>allowed to?

Not wrong at all to mention it. Not wrong for the management to ask
that you not return if perhaps the manner in which you "mentioned it"
was less than polite either.

Sorry, but I just don't see why this store should be boycotted. If
there were evidence of mistreatment I'd be all for it. I can't see
boycotting over a bruised ego though.

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net