From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:40:32 -0700
Yesterdays post about Foods That KILL your ferrets was in fact, just that.
It was not an over-reaction to something that JUST happened.  It has been
ongoing for a long time...too long.  One reader posted today that Banana
chips do not kill ferrets.  And Even though I still like the guy and what
he does for ferrets, he needs to be present and watch a cute little fuzzie
choke to death on a banana chip that got lodged in the throat and couldn't
be removed in time.  I unfortunately, have had to witness this 3 times so
far and do not care to see it again.  Nutriphase my friends Is designed
for long term use.  Your ferret will imprint on this food.  And continued
use of sugary substances over a period of time are not good for the dental
health nor the overall health of a ferret.  On another note regarding
food and the manufacture of it.  There are several grades of chicken meat,
chicken meal, and chicken by-products.  They range from very bad and only
fit for fertilizer and not for animal consumption to product that is fit
for human consumption.  I talked the folks at Totally Ferret today and they
have reassured me that the new batch of food is good and there is no reason
for concern.  They have implemented safeguards to prevent what occurred
earlier this year and are using the highest quality ingredients available.

Last note, Hey MC, the Rude One, I might just take you up on that and visit
you while I'm on the road.  I will e-mail you personally ok?

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy