From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 08:52:15 -0800
Michelle, since I have many animals, they tend to keep each other company
pretty well, but I might offer a few suggestions.  My ferrets favorite toy
is called the "Cat Dancer".  Basically it's a sturdy wire with a few pieces
of tough rolled paper on the end of it.  It bounces around the the ferrets
think its a blast!  The cats could have cared less about this toy until the
ferrets started playing with it.  Now everyone wants a piece of the action.
Most decent pet stores should carry them.  The other thriller for my girls
is squeek toys, but they are very particular about the type of squeek the
toy emits!  They like the very loud, definate squeek noise that comes from
the firm toys.  The real soft squeeky toys don't work for us.

I know (for many if not all of us) it can be tough to spend the kind of time
you want with your critter(s).  I'm a nursing student (mega-time away!) and
I also work full time.  I often feel guilty for not having more time for my
pets.  I don't know what my point is, I guess I just want you to know you
are not alone.  You do the best you can.  Don't give up on yourself, I think
asking for help indicates that you are a good owner for Mischief.  You don't
say how long you have owned her.  Could be she needs more "socialization" or
that the two of you have not fully bonded yet.  It took Tequila & Kahlua
several (4-5) months to really realize that I was their new "mom", but it
happened.  In fact my SO is soooo jealous that he has never gotten a ferret
kiss and I get them all the time!!!  Hee-hee-hee!  Good luck Michelle.

One last comment, if you read down this far.  I was going to e-mail this
directly to Michelle, not the FML.  BUT, often times people ask questions
that I would like answers to also, and I suspect the responses are e-mailed
directly to them cause I don't see responses on the FML.  I know there are
several new ferret owners out there who might like to know the answers to
Michelle's post, so I decided to post it to the FML, so that others may
benefit too.  Just a thought.

BIG, you do a great job!  This is a great mail list compared to many others
out there, especially when you consider the # of subscribers we have.
Thank-you!

Holly